Monday, July 28, 2014

Sister Weight July 28th, 2014


Sister Weight and Sister Folkman
Alright so this week was great! We had interviews with President and an instruction by Sister Gerber on Tuesday. Sister F got to go on her one year temple trip on Thursday and we sang at the I'm a Mormon Devotional for the mission together: I am a Child of God.
On Monday we got to go to the Kuhl's(member) house and hang out for a while and eat dinner(manacotti yum) and watch 17 miracles!
At interviews on Tuesday we studied the Lifting Burdens talk by Elder Bednar about the four wheel drive truck, "Lehi's Vision and You" by Elder Packer and another talk that i can't recall right now. We then watched a really cool video about Christ and our role as missionaries: We are to love people as Sister F learned in President's instruction on Thursday but life is still hard. But as Elder Holland said "Who said a mission was going to be easy, Why on EARTH would it be? It was not easy for HIM.". I learned from near the beginning of being out here that we truly get a small taste of what it was like for HIM. To have people yell at you. To throw mashed potatoes at you. To walk to the other side of the street just so they don't have to talk to you..Ever since Sister F went to the temple and had the instruction she has been repeating over and over, we just need to love every person we come in contact with. That is all.
We had dinner at a member's house the Tuesday as well. We had a delicious dinner with steak, potato salad, and salads and grilled zuchini. The husband was on ward council so it was glad to finally visit with his family and get to know him better.
I am pretty sure I have already said this but we have 2 shutins that are hilarious. We see one once a week and the other twice a week. One has been really depressed lately and even though she talks a whole bunch, I love her a bunch:). She is hilarious-we visited her on Wednesday and as we talked to her about conversion and prayed with her she started to cry. She thanked us for coming to see her each week. I know we see her for a reason, even if she is unable to bring herself to church every Sunday.
We also see S, she is one sassy old lady. She told me I was unwanted this week haha-yep really DRY sense of humor is what she has. I had just said I was "free!", because we were talking about dating for some reason and Sister H was with me while Sister F was at the temple-and S was trying to get Sister H to say that she had been writing someone she liked. S just laughed and said "that just means unwanted!" and then cackled some more. I love that woman.
We talked to B on Thursday as well. I trimmed one of her bushes while Sister H continued to teach her a little bit more about the BOM and invited her to read the introduction and pray about it. We have a follow up appointment for this Thursday!
We got to go through our area book and shave down some of the potentials we had gotten yesterday so we are going to be doing some more finding this week!
Love you all!-Sister Weight

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you would like to make a comment, feel free as long as it's nice!