Thank you for the Thanksgiving cards!
I
am well over my hump mark(halfway mark) now! I love the mission. You
experience the best things...and the worst but just like in the end, the
best things are the ones that stand out to you at the end of the day.
Change is a tricky thing, I still have not grasped it. I love the
mission, and God has been helping me to stretch and grow, but it is hard
to look at myself and see it. I do feel like I am making a difference,
though. We are unique and different as individuals. Even though we both
have the gift of the Holy Ghost, my companion and I listen and act on
different levels.
Sister
Ewing and Sister Cutler have helped me to not be too hard on
myself-Sister Ewing left for Idaho after 6 weeks with me, and Sister
Cutler and I will have been together for 12. It is all about what you
want to become. I was reading Elder Uchtdorf's talk from Women's
Conference this morning. He said that the Lord loves us and rejoices in
everything good that we do-even if it is small and insignificant to us.
This
week has been SO LONG and SO SHORT. Yep, at the same time. But that is a
good thing:). We have a new bishopric now as of yesterday. The Bishop
has been in the ward only 6 months or so. We have two baptisms coming up
for the Elders, and we just put Brian on date for January 17! He is
progressing slowly. The problem is getting him to church, since he has
no one to take care of his parents while he is away. We got two new
investigators this week, and have been finding more potentials as well!
We have appointments with two potentials that can become investigators
this week! I love the work-I have seen that if we are diligent, the Lord
will bless us.
Well, I
got to get going, but please check out "He is the Gift"! It is the new
video the church is putting out for everyone to watch, share, and invite
people to learn more! It is going to be playing on New York times
square
Please think of
someone you can share this video with, as well as invite to the Church
Christmas party and Church service before Christmas:). It is a great way
to do missionary work in a not so scary way!
My
thanksgiving went well. We went tracting in the morning and before
prayed that we would find someone who was alone on the holiday. We found
Mary, after talking to some not so nice people. Mary is from Georgia,
and is agnostic. She said we could come back this next Tuesday! We had
lunch and dinner each at a member's house. For lunch we had a
traditional turkey/thanksgiving feast and played a new game, a Canadian
game called Crokinole. It is such a fun game! It is so awesome-we played
with 2 members, and my team one! If you go on wayne kelly's Crokinole
Pro shop on crokinole.com/rules.asp it will tell you how to play, etc. It consists of a board that is probably a little bigger than a chinese checkers board.
We
taught Brian the word of wisdom this past week. He is going to begin
throwing away everything with cigarettes so that he can begin following
that commandment. The next thing will be coffee. We had a member come
with us, the spirit was there. We were not planning on teaching it so
soon, but the spirit prompted us to do it that day.
Other than teaching Brian, we have mainly just been knocking on doors.
So
as you know Sister Cutler my companion goes home in 2 weeks. She is
awesome. I love her:). We are doing two musical numbers in the next 2
weeks, one for a christmas party and one for a baptism next
Saturday(13th) and she is just so patient-I have been a little stressed
out;). We are going to Detroit so that she can say goodbye to the city a
week from today with a member. it should be fun-I will have just an
hour to email, so sorry if it is short.
Have a great week! Look for opportunities to serve! The success is in the invite!
Love, Sister Weight
No comments :
Post a Comment
If you would like to make a comment, feel free as long as it's nice!